Responsible for assembling a product or components of a product and finishing the product through priming, lamination, gluing, sanding, trimming, glazing, and other processes. May perform all tasks conducted by the team in the assembly process and rotate through all or most of them, rather than being assigned to a specific task on a permanent basis.
Reports To: Supervisor, Finishing
- Prepares parts for painting by sanding and sandblasting and filling with epoxy and polyester filler
- Assembles rapid prototype, fiberglass and injection molded parts
- Gel coats, Laminates and de-molds composite/ fiberglass parts
- Trims rapid prototype, fiberglass and injection molded parts
- Installs brass inserts in rapid prototype, fiberglass and injection molded parts
- High School Diploma or General Education (GED) required.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of hand tools and other equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Willingness to be flexible and apply new programs and technology.
- forklift certification preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid problem-solving skills/techniques.
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Strong work ethic and high attention to detail
- Flexible, ability to work in a fast-pace team environment.
- Able to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is often required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
Requires individuals to balance and bend at waist. Work requires the use of hands in carrying out duties. May require the use of knees. Must be able to lift or carry up to 60 lbs. Must be able to see fine detail and pass a hearing test. Employees wear PPE and respirators daily in the course of completing their duties.
Company Supplied Equipment:
Steel-toed boots, ear plugs, respirators, and safety glasses.
The work environment uses heat, oils to skin, and fumes, odors, dust, chemicals, and other atmospheric conditions that can affect the respiratory system. Must be comfortable moving around moving machinery and not afraid of heights. May work in extreme heat and noise conditions.
MCT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.